title

La Famiglia Itri

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Some Fun Stuff

Happy Homecoming!

I helped Lauren do her hair for her first ever school date-dance! I love being able to help my little sisters with fun stuff like this. However, it has made me realize that I am getting old. No, not elderly, just old. My older sisters used to come over and tell me that I was so cute and had such stylish clothes and that I should show them how to be so up-to-date. Well, at the time I thought this was extremely odd as all I did was go to the stores and buy clothes and apparently that made me "cute." All you have to do is look at other people to see what the trends are. Well, I pretty much have become frumpy. My favorite way to get dressed is out of Lauren's closet. I have been very good at washing and returning items and ask almost all the time so she will still let me do it. But now I see- she is cute and I am not and I now know how you can lose it. I would say the number one reason is that I have a husband who values clothes as basically nothing. He won't even let me buy him new socks even though his have holes in them! (Did I already mention this once? Can you tell it really bothers me?) When I was in high school I would go to the mall every few months and spend $100-$250 easily, now I am lucky if I spend $100 in a year! All my cute clothes are lost, worn out, or no longer cute. Ha ha maybe after Lila comes I'll try to be better at shopping sales so I can feel pretty again!






Happy Halloween!

Halloween this year was awesome. Trick-or-treating of course was on Saturday night since we live in Utah. I got to work Friday night, then again Saturday night, then a third on Sunday. So basically I got to stay out all night long every night over the holiday weekend! Too bad I didn't get to go to any parties, give away any candy, or dress up as someone else. Pretty sure that would have been even awesomer. Oh well. At least there was a night earlier in the week that Todd made some cookies while I carved a pumpkin! That was fun on our very small kitchen table.







Happy History!

So I couldn't really think of how else to say "vote" that started with an H. But I contributed to history on November 2, 2010!! I have had 2 chances to vote for national elections before this year, last of which was a presidential election. Each time I wanted to vote, knew it was good, but just didn't do it. So this time Todd and I actually looked at our little Utah voting pamphlet and went out to the polls! Hopefully this becomes a trend and we are good at voting in future years, plus even better at studying the candidates to vote for the best ones. We stuck our stickers on a door frame to remind ourselves that we did something good!



No comments: