title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A trick up her sleeve

When Todd talks to his mom on the phone she often asks if Lila has any new tricks. basically as a newborn she hasn't really done anything. True she has grown stronger so can lift her head up and hold things when you pry her little fist apart and stick something inside those little fingers. ut besides the whole eat-sleep-poop deal there isn't much else. This last week she hit a baby trick growth spurt. She started taking things we put in her hands and moving them to her mouth. Then she started reaching for things and grabbing them herself. Then, yesterday, her biggest accomplishment so far! I laid her on the floor across the hall from me on the carpet while I was getting ready in the bathroom. She was happily entertaining herself, so I just periodically looked over to make sure she was still ok. And I almost missed it..... She went from back to tummy all by herself! She has flopped on her side before, but this time when I saw her on her side I could tell she was aiming to go all the way. I ran and grabbed the camera to capure her proud face after her accomplishment.


The rest of the day she kept flipping over. Then today something even more exciting (but just for us as parents). She was fussy because she was tired, and we laid her in her crib. She rolled over and fell asleep in less than 10 minutes. Usually this little tyke takes a lot more than that to get some shut eye. I just hope she keeps it up!

2 comments:

stephanie itri said...

fun stuff Lila!!! Dont grow up too fast we still have to meet you!

Melissa said...

She is so cute!! It has been way too long since we have seen you guys...