title

La Famiglia Itri

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Welcome home, Elder Darren

My little brother came home! He was on a mission in Canada for 2 years. He got back 1 week ago today. It was weird, I wasn't sure what to do since I have never been there for anyone's actual homecoming before. And there is a possibility I might never have another sibling go on a mission, so the pressure was on to get it right!

Here we are anxiously waiting. There was one missionary who came down by himself about 10 minutes before Darren did, so we were all worked up over that for a while.




Then later, we finally saw the group of black suits through the very small area that we could see people walking before they got to the escalator, and then down he came!

So I love this picture because of my dad. I wish you could see his face a little better, but I watched him for a few minutes and it reminded me what a wonderful dad I have. He had tears in his eyes and you could see that while I'm sure he was glad to see his son, that's not why he was so happy. I know my daddy was so proud of his son for completing an honorable mission, and thats where his real happiness was.

Lila Meets her uncle! A little rocky at first, but when mommy got close she warmed up.



Mommy and Lila hangin out while everyone else gets to say hello to Darren.


5 comments:

Banana said...

That last pic of you and Lila sitting by each other is ADORABLE!

Mom said...

I think you got it right!

Lauren Billings said...

No way is he home! Holy cow, two years, really??

Sav Gardiner said...

it does NOT seem like 2 years... CRAZY!!! what an amazing day for your whole family! imagine how excited Darren was to get to meet family members he has only ever heard about :) So happy for you!

Shelly said...

I'm so sad I wasn't there. sigh. But your hair is super cute. It looks especially good in that last picture