title

La Famiglia Itri

Monday, April 02, 2012

Dear Grandma

Hi Grandma! I have been thinking about you lately. Mostly because I finally had a chance to read The Help. Remember how you bought that for me a while back? Well I read it. Thank you so much for such a nice gift. Also I have been thinking about you because I haven't seen you in a while. I don't know if it makes me weird, but I sure like going on double dates with my grandparents. Todd and I always have an enjoyable evening with you and Grandpa, even if Grandpa is an old kermudjin.

I just want to tell you how great you are. I know that you check my blog religiously. Every single post I make will be read within a day because you will keep checking. And if I ever needed you I know you would try to help out in any way you could. Thanks for helping me a few years ago with Todd's birthday surprise. And for helping me with his birthday again a few years before that. And for the many dinners you have taken us out to. And the fun games we play. And the great trips you take us on. And thanks for visiting me when I was alone in college in Salt Lake before you went on mission #3. That meant a lot to me that you guys cared about me and remembered me up there. And thanks for always remembering our birthdays. Thank you for gifts at birthdays and Christmas, but mostly thanks for remembering us during those times.

I'm glad we have a daughter named after you. You are an example of love, strength, and perseverance. I hope that Lila will be able to see that part of you as she grows up. It will help me to always remember to be an example to her as well. Hopefully I can teach her the things she knows to have the strength that you have. I love you!


1 comment:

Lila said...

Thank you, Megan, for the beautiful tribute. We love you a lot.