title

La Famiglia Itri

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

She Sings

Lila and I have a little tradition when I put her to bed. We sit in the rocking chair in her room and I sing her songs. Most of them are primary songs. I ask her what she wants me to sing, and she will say "Temple song" or "Jesus song" or she'll pick the frog or duck song. Actually most of the time she will just say "help." That just means she wants me to pick the song for her. Last night she picked the temple song for her last song (I think that is her favorite one). I asked her to sing it for me before I sang it for her. And she did. The cutest thing ever. I wish I could portray her musicality in writing but of course it will never do her justice. But it went like this- "temple song, I go inside."

One day Lila, I hope you do.

No comments: