title

La Famiglia Itri

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Fan Gene

We often joke with Todd's family about how all the brothers sleep with a little fan blowing right in their faces. I have been lucky and broke Todd to the point the ceiling fan is enough for him. Unfortunately, there are nights in the winter I have a hard time sleeping because it is so cold and the fan is blowing on me. Compromise. Anyway, we decided it must run in the family since they all do it, right? Well I'm afraid I may have awoken the gene in Lila last night.

She has been complaining for several nights that she is "too hot" and will only let me tuck her in with one blanket. Now this is strange, because normally she absolutely insists on just about every blanket in her room to be piled on top of her. But for a while now she has had a hard time sleeping and wants one, thin blanket.

So last night when I had tried for an hour to get her to go to sleep and she was complaining again that she was hot, I remembered that we have all of Todd's brother Kyle's stuff in our basement. Kyle is spending the semester home in Philadelphia, so we are acting as his storage unit. And of course, he has a fan among the pile. So I brought it up, set it on a chair, and turned it on. At first I think the sound scared her, and she told me it was too fast. I thought she wasn't going to like it. But after complaining for about a minute, she sat and let it blow on her. Then she said "I like it" and let me tuck her in. I was able to use two blankets, and added two more before I went to bed. Then she slept through the whole night. In the morning I could hear her whimpering a bit because she was cold. So I turned off the fan, and she woke up within 5 minutes.

Tonight I put her in her warm footsie jammies and piled the blankets on again. I also moved the fan back a little so she won't get too cold. But I am afraid she just may be sleeping with that thing in her face the rest of her life!

p.s. Kyle, you may have to give us your fan as payment for keeping all your stuff safe. :D Love you!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Isn't it funny the little quirky things that our kids pick up from us. I am sooooo excited to see you guys in a couple weeks!! Brooklyn and Lila are going to have such a fun time together!

stephanie itri said...

OH MY GOODNESS! THOSE FANS! It makes me crazy! oh wait, it used to make me crazy. I still tell Rob it makes me crazy but really I need it now. I will always tell him how annoying it is no matter what, so this is our secret. I dont like to feel it blowing on me per se but I definitely feel weird without it on, especially when Rob is gone I turn it on to pretend he is there. Reagan now loves it. When he has trouble sleeping he makes his way to our room and needs it. Oh no!