title

La Famiglia Itri

Friday, November 28, 2014

Halloweeeen!

Well, Halloween this year was mostly great. Lila's best friend Kayla came over to play in the morning, and I sure had some of the prettiest princesses prancing around my place. They traded shoes for a while mostly because Lila is obsessed with Kayla's Elsa shoes (But in case you were wondering, Kayla actually went as Cinderella. The blue shoes just happened to go with the outfit). Lila was Sophia the First. They were simply adorable.








Princess Sophia and my little Jack-O-Lantern



We ate KFC for dinner, which, by the way is one of my favorite traditions of any holiday though I'm not sure why. Nikenzie took Lila out trick-or-treating so I could hand out candy at my house, which turned out to not really be necessary. I only handed out candy to three groups of people. Later I even left the bucket outside and no one stole all the candy. I was shocked. I guess no one ever comes around our neighborhood. But I did get a chance to take a few pictures of the babe while the others were out.







Then we all went out together. The bummer of the day was that Todd had to work, but he met up with us when he was done and caught the last 20 minutes of trick-or-treating. Note the amazingness of my 16 year old sister who chose to go trick-or-treating with us instead of hanging out with her friends. I'm not sure Lila would have really gotten to do much without Nikenzie since I didn't have Todd and Nick of course needed to be carried around. Thanks Kenzie!!!!!!

Lila brought in an amazing haul. In addition to the hot chocolate on one porch and scones on another,  almost everything in her pumpkin was chocolate, with just about half M&Ms. I am betting that whenever she got to pick her own treats that's what she picked. She does like her M&Ms!






One of the cute things I want to record for memories is that Lila kept getting flustered that people were asking her if she was Sophia. She would respond "no, I'm just dressed up!" Sometimes she would take it pretty well, and others she would get a serious pout going on. She always either corrected them by telling them she was just lila or that she was dressed up as Sophia. But she wouldn't let anyone think she might actually be the cartoon princess. Anyway, by the end of the night she was totally beat. I love the dried hot chocolate on her chin. Love this girl.



No comments: