title

La Famiglia Itri

Monday, December 04, 2017

Four Months

I almost missed the day Jane turned four months old. It wasn't until I was putting her to bed that I realized it was the last day of November, and therefore her four-month birthday. Up until that point, I had been frustrated because I could get a small giggle out of her, or sometimes a real laugh. But once she did that, she would stop. I could get her to keep smiling at me and playing with me, but I couldn't get her to keep laughing. But on that night, I got her to laugh for five minutes straight. It interrupted our scripture reading, but no one was sad. It was the cutest thing ever. She is such a delight.

Here are some things about her:

Wears a six month clothes because her belly stretches the three month clothes to much. The pants are a little long for her. Loves her mommy. Likes to play with Lila. Still takes her Binky. But isn't dependent on it. Still likes to be swaddled for bedtime. Takes a bottle before bed. Wakes up one or two times per night to eat. Has figured out that she can move her head and arm to get her Binky back in her mouth when she drops it. Usually does OK in Her car seat. Loves being carried while I walk around. Usually does pretty good with babysitters, but not always. Has never had a bad diaper rash. Wears size 2 diapers. Doesn't hate tummy time as much. I think she is strong enough to roll over, but hasn't figured it out yet. Generally a happy, quiet kid. Occasionally does get really angry. But most of the time she has a very calm temperament. Likes to blow spit bubbles.

Here she is on the night of her four-month birthday. This is right before I put her to bed since that's when I remembered, so she was not very excited about it. I tricked a little smile out of her though.  She was ready to sleep.


And here are some other pictures from this month:



No comments: