title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Single Again

That's right. I'm single again. Shocking, I know, it was very sudden. I even went back to my old single's ward today. Todd and I just weren't meant to sit next to each other I guess. I must admit, I was a little heartbroken when he left me. Just got right up and walked away, didn't even look back.

And now I'm home alone. Who knows what Todd is doing. Counting money I guess. He's off learning new and exciting things, probably forgotten all about me.

Luckily, I won't be single forever. Todd will come home later tonight, and we'll kiss and make up. I guess this is how it will be for at least the next 6 months, maybe even a year. He was called to be the second counselor in the bishopric of my old singles ward. We got the call on Wednesday. Todd had set up an appointment with the Stake Executive Secretary, so we went in to talk to our Stake Presidency. Unfortunately, as you may have guessed, our Stake doesn't have Singles Wards, so we were at the wrong place. They were kind enough to research where to go to find President Norby, the one we actually had an appointment with. So we sped down to our new destination, confused.

Afterwards I was really, really excited. All week just flying on cloud 9, what a fun calling! I was excited too because I always thought I got married a little too young, and this would be a chance to mingle with singles again, and NOT have to worry about the whole men thing. However, today I realized that you really do get a little awkward after being married a little while. I wasn't sure what to say or how to talk or where to go................ Todd get's training on what he is supposed to do, but what do I do?

Well, hopefully it will all work itself out in the end. I suspect it won't be too long before we just can't imagine ourselves anywhere else.

4 comments:

Banana said...

Crazy!!! So does Todd need to be a High Priest for the bishopric too?

Megan said...

The Stake President said that they don't ordain to a High Priest when a young couple is called to the 2nd counselor position. He said none of Todd's duties require that level of priesthood. It's still really cool though!

stephanie itri said...

cute entry! We are excited for you guys. I am sure you'll BOTH be great!

lovebeingamommy said...

That's so awesome that he got called to the bishopric. You have a great husband. We miss you at work--you can never leave because you have only been gone for a day or so and we are already going crazy without you!! :)