title

La Famiglia Itri

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Stuck

So I need some advise from all you LDS lovin pals. I have mentioned before my friend, Maria from Philadelphia. Well, she actually passed away last year while we were there. Long and unlucky story, she went to the ER the day she came home from visiting me in Utah, and I didn't find out until I was in Philly after our cruise, and she passed away about an hour later so I didn't even have a chance to visit her. It was a really sad time for me.

Her funeral was very different than anything I had ever experienced. It was not quiet, and not very focused on Maria. It was actually a little difficult for me to sit through the whole thing.

Anyway, now it has been over a year since she passed away. On the 1 year anniversary of her passing, I called her mom to see how she was doing. After talking for a while, I told her a little bit about what I believe about baptism as a member of the LDS church, and wanted to know if I could have permission to do ordinaces for Maria in the temple. Her mom said she was confused about what I believe, and had let the missionaries come over a few times after Maria passed but didn't want them to come back right now to teach her more about it. I don't know what to do or how to explain to her why this is so important to me. Is there a good article or anything out there that explains why it is so important for us? Maria was baptized when she was 12, so her mom doesn't understand why and/or how I could do it again for her. I have been wondering and worrying about this for a while now, and I know the longer I wait the harder it will be. She sounds like she just doesn't understand why I would want to do it. Maybe if she could then she would let me.....

4 comments:

~JeNn ChErRy~ said...

She was baptized at 12, in which church?

Megan said...

7th day adventist

JD and Becky said...

Megan! I just found your blog! So good to hear you guys are doing well. It's kind of funny that you are going through this because I have had the same thing happen to me with a friend that passed away a few years ago. I actually have her paper printed out and ready to take to the temple, but her dad wants nothing to do with the church. So, I'm kind of in the same position as you. If you go to the family search website new.familysearch.org and sign in, it has some instructions on how to go about doing the work. Go to Learn How to Use FamilySearch, then Policies for Preparing Names of Deceased Ancestors for Temple Work. Anyway, hope that helps and let me know if you find anything out too! I will pray for you! You are so great!

JD and Becky said...

p.s. Sorry, I know that's not an article for the mom...but I will keep an eye out for one. Let me know if you find something too!