title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lila Meets Her Cousins!


There were only two left for her to meet. We flew all the way out to the east coast to do it, too! Reagan was very excited to meet Lila, and immediately played with her and was excited to have her around. Lila isn't used to having other kids around, so she was a little confused at first. But now I think she loves to see Reagan and Jensen and wants to play with them. It's funny because Reagan gets excited and wants to play with Lila, but Lila gets excited and wants to play with Jensen. Although Jensen is only 5 months younger than Lila, their young age still puts them at pretty different developmental levels. So Jensen isn't as excited to play with Lila as she is to play with him. Once he was standing, walking a little (has has been learning since we got out here), and she walked behind him and just gave him about 4 hugs in a row. With a big smile on her face. It was so cute! I'm so glad she will have some time with them this summer. We have already done some really fun things!

Here are some pictures from when they all first met. Todd and I came over to Rob and Stephanie's place the day after I got in to Philly. 





For memorial day, we all went swimming at the G-parent's Itri pool. Lila loves to swim! Even with her 50 spf sunscreen, she is still already MUCH tanner than her mommy who only wore 15 spf. Unfair, I know, but I am sure glad my little baby doesn't BURN like her mama! We all had a good time outside, it was really warm so the pool felt nice and we had a lot of good food. And later, we got so Skype with the rest of the Itri Cousins. It was a great day!














Stephanie has also taken us to a couple of fun parks, one with some animals you can look at (Lila LOVES live animals), and we went with a playgroup to "pick your own strawberries" at a local farm, complete with a hay ride. Lila actually did pretty well with that, I was surprised and impressed. If I showed her a strawberry and helped her reach it, she would pick it and (with prodding), drop it in our bucket. If I left out the prodding she would eat it instead of put it in the bucket, most of the time spitting it out after, and if I didn't help her pull it off the vine she would squish it in her fingers. But for a 16 month old? Pretty good! We have also spent some time with Reagan, Jensen and Stephanie at the library, but I don't think I have any pictures of that. Anyway, we sure have had a ton of fun with them so far and look forward to many more weeks of fun!














No comments: