title

La Famiglia Itri

Thursday, July 12, 2012

I heart Tim Tebow

When I was growing up I always knew I did not want to marry a guy into sports. Well clearly that didn't work out too well for me. So of course Todd likes to watch sports talk shows. It seems like he is always watching the same show 90% of the time. I don't even know what it's called but it is on for 2 hours in the morning, then they replay it in the afternoon. Although I know it is a gross exaggeration, sometimes it seems like he watches all 4 hours every day. (There are actually a lot of days he doesn't have time to watch any, but when he can I can always guess what will be on). These are the guys he watches. All I know is the white guy's name is skip, and the other guy looks like a living caricature.




I included 2 pictures of what they normally look like as they fight with each other and the third is the best one I could find that shows how easily that guys face could be turned into a caricature. Anyway!

Literally every single time I come in while Todd is watching this show they are arguing about Tim Tebow. Every time. Every day. No mater what. For a while I was sure this was a show dedicated to him. Todd swears that it's not. In case you are wondering, they fight because Skip thinks that Tebow is the best thing since sliced bread, and Mr. Face thinks that he is is an overrated pretty boy fit to be third string or stuck back in college ball. 

So, even though I don't care about sports, and I care much less about Tim Tebow, I have a strange power to bring him up on this silly show. Today Todd left for practice and I came downstairs to put Lila down for a nap. Todd had left the TV on, and Tim Tebow was on there at some awards show. A few seconds later I found out that this was a short clip of that show and then pops up these 2 guys to discuss his performance (the part they showed was some funny little banter between Tebow and some other guy). Then they talked about some award Tebow won and whether he deserved to win it. I have come to the conclusion that I must have some subconscious crush on this football player that I pretty much know nothing about except that his talent is highly controversial. So there it is. I don't know anything about sports, but apparently I heart Tim Tebow!

2 comments:

stephanie itri said...

the caricature guy is Stephen A Smith and he is extremely annoying, shockingly he is from Philly, ha ha! Can't stand either one of them! They changed that show, it used to be good.

Maranda said...

Who wouldn't heart Renowned?! He's cute and a good Christian boy!