title

La Famiglia Itri

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Part Time!

As of this week I am officially only working part time. I am so happy about this. Because I have a hard time working three days in a row and Todd starts to go bizonkers if I do, I have to work a few on, a few off, one on, one off, back and forth. I typically only have 1-3 days off at a time. It might seem like a lot to have 3 days off, but it is usually only 1 or 2, and those days are tainted by work still because my sleep schedule gets messed up and I spend one of the days sleeping.  Because I now only have to work 2 days a week, I can do them together then have 3-7 days off. Yup, that's right! every 3 weeks I will get a whole week off.

I am so done with working. Just done! I love being home with Lila. I love taking care of my home, and I have a lot more responsibility at church now. And I just want Todd to go to work like a normal husband. Lucky for me, this should happen soon! Even a few more months is doable now that I am only part-time. Everyone please pray for Todd to be able to find a job, then shoot us the info if you find out about an RN opening anywhere!

Looking back at the last few years, I think there is a lot of good that has come out of me working so much. I used to think I was the kind of person who would always want to have some sort of job. But I am just so "over it" at this point. I think that maybe it will be a blessing in future years for me to know and remember how I am feeling now. Maybe I won't be sad and whiny about wanting to work a little on the side of everything else. Maybe I can just stay happy to be home. Or, maybe I will need to or want to work just a little, and this job experience will be what lets me get the job that fits best for me and my family. Or maybe some of the friends I've made will become good, life-long friends. Or maybe I will just appreciate more what Todd will be doing when he is working. When he comes home tired, when he works several days in a row, the endless meetings and trainings and required certifications.

I also feel like I have grown and matured exponentially through my job. I am more calm and deliberate. I have better time-management skills. I am better at looking at things from others' point of view. I am better at stopping and getting all the facts before I allow myself to get really emotional (not always, after all I am still a girl). I think overall I just get mad a lot less. Anyway, although I'm mentally done working, I am grateful that I have had this experience.

Oh, and I guess I will be ok if I have to work into April, because then I will get a chance to wear my sweet scrub dress to work. Yup. Scrub dress. Stay tuned for more on that.

3 comments:

stephanie itri said...

I'm so excited for you! I dont know how you do it all!! Miss you

Melissa said...

That is so awesome Megan! Your work schedule was always so crazy! By the way, there are probably some RN jobs available in Arizona...

Megan said...

Thanks guys! It makes me happy that the people I care about are excited for me to!