title

La Famiglia Itri

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Monster Created a Woman

In case you are wondering, we solved our monster problem. How did we do it?


Yes. People always told me my kids would grow up fast. But this is a little too much. My baby girl is sleeping on a twin sized bed. Since this bed isn't in the room she associates with the monster, she sleeps in it. She stays in it (most of the time). Up until now I have maintained that I would keep Lila in a crib as long as I possibly could. I never thought that it would be a monster that chased her out of it at the young age of 2 years, 4 months, and 13 days old. 

And that's not all.


This picture was taken in November when we first put Lila on the potty. It was just an introduction, not a full-fledged potty training attempt. But over the next few months we encouraged it and let her try it every once in a while. Most mornings I would ask her if she wanted to wear panties instead of her diaper. One day she said yes. And that's when it started! I think that was in March. On Sunday Lila told me she needed to go poo poo, then proceeded to do so. I now consider her potty trained. She rarely has accidents, sleeps through most of her naps without wetting the bed, and can tell me when she needs to pee and poo.


This is Lila right now. She undressed herself, and got herself dressed for bed. Granted, she isn't very good at it. Most mornings she tries to dress herself and either ends up with a dress on backwards or screaming for help when she gets stuck. But tonight she did it all on her own.

She also has an extensive vocabulary, often speaks in full sentences, remembers people's names, helps me clean up, and frequently pops up with information I had no idea she had any clue about (once when she was excited she started saying "yee-haw!" and galloping around. I don't' ever say yee-haw).

I am flabbergasted by my little angel. My mom told me recently that if I ever have a boy I will wonder what is wrong with him. Of course, boys tend to take a little longer to learn things like speech and going potty, but my little girl is an all-star.

Oh, and please if you disagree and think she is just on a normal track for development, don't burst my proud bubble. I like being proud of my little girl.

No comments: