title

La Famiglia Itri

Monday, July 29, 2013

A Wonderful Day

Today was a wonderful day. I don't have any pictures to commemorate such a nice day. Lila didn't wake up until 9:00. (For those of you who heard last that she wakes up at 9:30, that is no longer the case! Lately its been between 7:30 and 8:00). Then I got up and was able to pick up the house to a pretty decent cleanliness level. Then Lila was good when I got ready for the day. And my visiting teacher came over and we chatted for quite a while- she is so wonderful!

Then Todd came home, I ran an errand that is on my long list of errands to run, I went visiting teaching and then Todd and I drove his brother Kyle to the airport to send him home to Philadelphia. After that, we went to visit my grandparents! We haven't had a chance to visit them for a while and we missed them. We went out to eat and Lila was actually pretty well behaved. And everyone's food was good. Then we went back to my grandparents' house and visited and played games. I just love how great these people are. It's hard for me to imagine that they might ever not be around, and feel so lucky that I have been able to get to know them throughout my life. This is also the grandma that Lila gets her name from. It made the day extra special because it is really the first time that she has called "Grandma Lila" by name so much (besides identifying her in pictures), wanted to sit on her lap, and really warmed up and played with her. She also started warming up to "Grandpa Great."

Then on the way home we had a fun experience. I was reading out loud in the car, and when I stopped Lila asked me to keep reading. I told her my voice was starting to hurt because I am a little bit sick. She said "Daddy, Mommy need a blessing, she sick!" It was so cute. After Todd responded, she also said that I need medicine because I'm sick. It made me so proud. Spiritual things come first. Even though I am no where near sick enough to need a blessing, it is cute that she would think that first. Todd said maybe the reason she knew that was because he had to leave a few weeks ago to help give a blessing for someone who was sick. I also told him that we had talked about blessings the other day when we were looking at her picture on the wall with her blessing dress from being a baby. Then she piped up and said that she was sick in the picture with her dress. It was cute. So we explained that there are other kinds of blessings that people can get.

I know probably no one is that excited to read a synopsis of my day, but it was just such a nice day I had to record it. I hope everyone else was able to have a nice day too!

The picture we have on the wall

1 comment:

stephanie itri said...

I think this post is awesome. It's going to be things like this we will forget about when we're old and the kids are gone. Details are important. When you read this in the future you will remember how you felt on this day because of all the details you included and that will be awesome! My hope for my blog is that it will induce feelings for our family when we can't remember all the things we did in our lives. I want it to express my feelings most importantly about life not document where we went.