title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Lila Ballerina

If you ask Lila what she wants to be when she grows up, she says "I wanna be a ballerina!" with excitement. She is taking a Saturday morning ballet class right now from a wonderful sister in my ward who is offering the classes for free. In one of the classes, Miss Angela wanted to teach the importance for the kids not to go all the way up on their toes because it would hurt their feet. She showed them that they would have to have special shoes before they could do that, and in the meantime, they should use "half toe" to dance on. A few days later Lila found my pointe shoes and tied them around her feet.  It was adorable. But she got in trouble for it because she is too little to be on pointe and my shoes are expensive! But I do hope one day she gets to that point. I will nourish her little ballerina dream!

Unfortunately, she gets stage fright. Here is a little bit of her dance moves, but once I turned on the camera she wasn't as zealous as she had been before. She is still adorable though.


No comments: