title

La Famiglia Itri

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Deleted

How depressing! I don't even know what I just pressed but you don't get to read about my cool Psychology studying or my suitemates getting mad about the bathroom and how everything got fixed. Oh well. I'll just continue with whatever I was going to say and if you really want to know about the rest I'll tell you later.

My classes are ok, I finally decided that studying is a good thing, and I decided this in enough time to write papers and be ready for tests, so that's good. I really like most of my classes content (except for psychology because we are learing about a stupid stupid part of it right now. But it should get better), but I just have this problem where when I sit in a classroom I get tired and sleep... not a very good habit I don't think. Oh well.

The very coolest thing that I do up here: I eat lunch with some deaf people on campus. I've only been twice, but there's a "deaf table" at the Union Building every day from 12 to 1, so I went. It is a little bit scary to walk up to a bunch of deaf people you've never seen before when you don't even have much experience talking in sign language to anyone except who learned it with you so yo know all the same things. But I did it, and I love it. If everyone knew sign language I would use it all the time. It is so much better than speaking I can't even handle it. So far I've met a deaf professor, a Librarian, and a student, plus a hearing gal that works in the department of communication sciences and disorders. Wow. I am pretty lucky.

And of course, my little sister is amazing!! I went to her premire for her movie last night! It is a super cheesy kids movie that illustrates the story of Alma the elder. She is a modern day girl that is afraid to get baptized because her friends at school were making fun of her and telling her that they wouldn't be her friend if she did. So the missionaries told her the story of when Abinadi came before Kind Noah and Alma risked his life by believing and sharing what he heard with others. She was pretty much adorable in it.

1 comment:

thehoneyman said...

Yay For Lauren! Last night was pretty much awesome and an amzing time!