title

La Famiglia Itri

Friday, October 12, 2012

Elmo

Lila's newest excitement. The first show she's ever really wanted to watch. She has become a Sesame Street Junkie. Sometimes she will specifically ask to watch TV out of the blue. I've tried putting on other shows, but she only likes Sesame Street. And she mostly likes Elmo. I used to wonder why Elmo seemed to be the most popular when it came to toys and such- I guess this is why! The kids just love him. Mr "Eh-mo" is just too much fun I guess. It has gotten me to be able to brush her teeth without fighting her, just because she is so excited to brush her teeth with Elmo. So as Todd and I were talking the other day about what to get Lila for Christmas, we had decided on a play kitchen for her. We found one at Costco that should be good that's about $120. Todd made a comment about that being the only thing he got, and I said that we also had to get her a tickle-me-Elmo.

I went to work the next night, and when I came home in the morning noticed a big box on the counter. I turned on the light and found a box of an Elmo toy. When I asked Todd about it the next day he said that he was just so excited at the thought of getting her an Elmo toy that he couldn't wait until Christmas. Plus he didn't know how she would be feeling about Elmo in 3 months. Ha ha what a good dad.

Well, She loves him. She has liked toys before, cuddled, hugged, kissed, and clung to them. But she takes care of Elmo. She shares her sippy cup with him, she uses sign language for him to tell me he's hungry, blows his nose, reads to him, even told me he was poopy. She's such a good mom already.

Getting the Toothpaste (Don't worry, she hasn't figured out yet how to actually squeeze it out)

Brush those teeth!

The Elmo Toothbrush

Story time
Time to change a poopy diaper

4 comments:

Sav Gardiner said...

We were talking about the Elmo fascination at work a few months ago. We decided it's because kids respond more to the higher pitch sounds, his voice definitely qualifies. And honestly, who DOESN'T like Elmo? I mean really!

Megan said...

I know! I gave Lila some chips today and a few minutes Todd brought Elmo over to show me the crumbled chips in his mouth. He is just so loveable!

Lisa/Scott said...

How cute!!! I forgot to tell you, but when Todd went up to his and Scott's aunt's funeral last month she stayed with me and we watched the Baby Channel together on cable. Since I was explaining everything that was happening to her she seemed to really enjoy it.
Crystal LOVED Elmo at about the same age. It was great because it opened the door to sesame street, which helped her learn all her letters and alphabet sooo much faster. She soaked it up like a sponge.

Melissa said...

So sweet!! I can't believe how big she is getting!