title

La Famiglia Itri

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shunting

When something traumatic happens to your body, for instance, hypothermia, your body tries to compensate. In the case of hypothermia it shunts blood away from your extremities to try to keep your more vital body parts going. Hence frostbite mostly in fingers and toes. And I suppose sometimes your nose too.

Well, when you have a period of life where you have a million things going on, sometimes you have to shunt your attention away from things that really are important, just not as important as some other things. Despite the total control school and work has over my life, things have been really good. I try to take advantage of the time I have with Lila, and Todd and I do occasionally get some time together. But knowing it should only be like this one semester, I have been able to be more excited about the accomplishments we are working toward, and the near-future when I can be with Lila almost full-time.

Does anyone remember that pile of papers I had planned to go through around Christmastime? Well guess what was in it? The pretty little sticker that goes on the back of your car to show you've paid the government that ridiculous amount just to keep driving it. So yesterday while Todd was driving, I'm sure you can guess where this is going. The thing is, that sticker was in a pile that also includes the proof that we registered, and our proof of current car insurance. So this stop took a lot longer than it was supposed to.

Luckily the cop was able to look up our registration, but for some reason he couldn't find our insurance. But he let Todd go, and how we have to take our proof of insurance to the city building in no less than 5 but no more than 14 days. Ha ha I would do it today if I could to get it out of the way!

When Todd told me I just laughed. I guess I'm just lucky more stuff like this hasn't been happening!

Are you surprised we got that sticker on only about an hour after the incident?
Hopefully this is our only little frostbite....

No comments: