title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Nice Purple Witch

Lila decided that she wanted to be a witch for Halloween. I didn't even think she was old enough to really understand the concept of choosing something to dress up as for Halloween. But when people started asking her what she was going to be for Halloween, she knew right away. "A witch!" And she never changed her mind. That is what she wanted to be. She also made a point that she wouldn't scare mommy when she was a witch. She wanted to make sure I knew she was going to be a nice witch.

One day I thought about it, and decided I would just buy her a costume since I am not very handy with my sewing machine. I sat down with my computer to look up some ideas. Lila came and sat on my lap. As I was going through pictures of costumes, it became clear very quickly that she wanted to be a purple witch. Any time I would pull up a costume with orange or red or pink or any other color, she immediately would yell "No! I wanna be a purple witch, not a (insert color here) witch!"

So we narrowed it down to a few witch costumes that had purple in them. Then from there she made up her mind about which one was her favorite. I did a little looking around and found a good price for one through amazon, and it qualified for my free prime shipping! So we went ahead and ordered it. Who knows if I ever would have made it to the store. For the next 6 days Lila would ask "Where's my witch mommy?" And I would tell her it was coming in the mail. Then she would tell me that she was going to be a nice, purple witch who wouldn't scare me. This girl definitely knows what she wants.

Finally we found it in the mailbox when we checked that Saturday night. She tried it on and looked adorable. Absolutely beautiful! Then for a week she would ask to wear her witch costume, and I would tell her she would get to wear it at the party on Friday. We also raided my mom's house and found her a broom! That was exciting. And we had a little cauldron bucket she could use instead of her usual pumpkin bucket. She had the complete deal.

Friday night came and we had our ward fall festival and trunk-or-treat. Lila looked so cute, but was having so much fun I just couldn't get a good picture of her. But trust me, she was absolutely stunning. I was a witch with her, and I think she liked that too. We had a lot of fun!










2 comments:

Melissa said...

Such cute witches!!!!

Anna said...

So cute! and her hair looks really long in these pics.