title

La Famiglia Itri

Friday, January 16, 2015

Emotional

Today was an emotional day. And all I did was clean things that I didn't particularly want to clean.

As I mentioned in Nick's 5 month post, that night I started sleeping him in his crib. The main reason is that he was not sleeping well and ended up in bed with me most of the night. I finally decided it was my own fault he wasn't sleeping well, because I would move, or I would fall asleep while he was eating, then he would fall asleep before he was done and wake up sooner because he wasn't full enough.

So today I cleaned out his room. It had become a sort of storage room over the last 5 months while it was uninhabited. It had housed Christmas boxes while the ornaments and decorations were out, as well as bins of baby clothes, trash, candy wrappers, tools, Lila's toys, Lila's dirty clothes, baby blankets, all kinds of junk. It took a lot of the day. At one point I finally got the dresser cleaned off and started moving the diapers and wipes into that room instead of my bedroom. I think I got a bit teary eyed a few times. Has it really been five months? Lila moved out at 3 months. But I have forgotten the sadness of her growing out of the bedroom stage.

I am happy to have a lot of space back in my bedroom with the pack 'n play out of there, but I miss my boy being a newborn. Having your children grow up is just so bittersweet. To the extreme.



1 comment:

Anna said...

Looks great! It's sad because even though I get the same way sometimes, I forget what it was like back then. And now I just notice that one is getting too heavy to carry around, and one has decided she doesn't need bedtime songs anymore, and it's just the little things that make you pause to realize they're growing up.