title

La Famiglia Itri

Monday, October 17, 2005

Ooo la la!

Guess what? Ryan came down this weekend and we drove all the way down to Summerhay's and bought me a harp string! So after he left I went right over to my sister's house to put it in. I tied the harpers knot (pretty nifty, eh?), and strung the string through the hole in the soundboard so I could wrap it around the pin and tune it into place. Well, right away I noticed something was wrong. The string was bigger thant the strings on either side. Much bigger. In fact, the exact size of the string an octave below. That's right, I'm so stupid I got the wrong octave. I got the wrong octave!!!!! I was so dissapointed. But there was nothing I could do. But then, to my great surprise, my sister let me take her car to Lyon and Healy to get the right strind!!! You see, my sister also plays the harp, but more for fun because she stopped taking lessons several years ago. She had also been bothered by the lack of stringness, so she was eager to get another one. So I went and got it, and guess what? I BROKE it when E was stringing it. I was tuning it, and realized that I had done it wrong, which is no surprise because I have never done it right, but it always still works. And this time it would have worked still, but I wanted to do it right. So I undid it and started to do it the right way. But because I had done it the wrong way first, the string had already bent to that so it didn't like to be changed and it snapped. And lucky me again!! They always seem to sell the smaller strings three times longer than they need to be, so I just started all over again and did it right, finally. The only annoying thing was the nature of every newly strung string: you have to tune it about every minute. They always go out of tune so fast. But it was worth it to be able to play, I spent the entire afernoon there. Yay!

School is fun and life is good. I hope it's the same for ya'll!

1 comment:

thehoneyman said...

That was a fun drive around, I loved coming up there on Saturday! We had so much dang fun! I hope everything is good, I can't wait for Gilmore Girls!