title

La Famiglia Itri

Friday, October 07, 2005

oh

Well hello everybody. Guess what? I got to come home for the long weekend. It's fall break at the U right now, so I am home just chillin and I worked Thursday and Friday. I miss it a lot. I wish I could just come home and work some more before I had to go to school. Oh well. School is good too. I like most of my classes, but I really need to study more for a stupid midterm I have next week. Eh, I'll get over it.

I hope everyone else out there is doing ok. I have made a new goal in my life to not get so mad and be such a girl. I am generally more forgiving than most people, that is something that comes really easily for me. Now I am going to work on not getting mad, frustrated, or bugged in the first place. People do things, and because of those things other people have every right to feel let down, disappointed, hurt, used, manipulated, or back stabbed. But I'm going to try not to feel that way when it happens to me. It's hard. I feel like I know the most logical way to do things, and when other people think or do differently it really bugs me a lot. So then I let people get on my nerves just because they aren't as nice as I think they are supposed to be. Well, maybe some people don't think it's rude to try to become best friends with everyone you know and then hang out with them without you (oh, by the way, "everyone" is not exaggerating, so then you would have zero friends). Or lie to you because they thought they would save you from pain (when really it causes you more). Or maybe doesn't do any favors for you while asking a lot more than just a little from you. Or thinking it's ok to NOT get you a birthday present. Or be bugged by something about you for a very long time and pretend there's nothing wrong, when they could just ask you about it. Or just do what you ask them even if they don't want to- just because you asked them. Or have something of yours and lie to you when you ask them if they do (are you sure, I saw it in your room). Maybe none of those things are rude, but sometimes I get hurt when people do them to me, especially when it seems they are doing it on purpose to make me unhappy. So it is my new resolution and goal to not be bugged by them, or any other petty little things that come up. Even when my suitemates give my roommate and I a forever long lecture about cleaning the bathroom when it's our turn (we cleaned it a day late), and then they skip their turn entirely, on the grounds that we didn't do the floor good enough last time so it's like they had to do double duty. I am not going to let it bother me.

No comments: