title

La Famiglia Itri

Thursday, September 01, 2011

My favorite part of the day

So I have a new thing that has become my favorite thing to do on my days home alone with Lila. In order to understand why this is my favorite part of the day, you have to understand that I do not have a cuddly baby. She is so wiggly and hates to face me tummy to tummy. Any time I hold her that way she twists and fidgets until her back is towards me.

So in the mornings we get up and hang out for a while. Then I feed her and we go for a walk. We walk not too far to the park and swing on the swings. At first she sits on my lap. Then after a while I flip her around and she rests her head on my shoulder. For some reason the whole time we are swinging she doesn't wiggle at all. By the time I finally decide it's time to go home my bum is pretty much numb because I don't want to shift my weight on the swing and bother her stillness. Sometimes when we walk home I even wrestle with the stroller with one hand so I can keep her still against my chest. And if you have ever pushed my stroller you even with 2 hands it can be hard to keep it on course. But it is so worth it for the little while I get to have her so close to me.

Yup. Definitely my favorite part of the day.

1 comment:

Banana said...

Awe, cute!