title

La Famiglia Itri

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Stressed

Have you ever been so stressed that your head just starts hurting? Like the long-term kind of stress. As in days long-term (as opposed to hours). It's like my head actually hurts, rather than I have a headache. Impossible to describe. Just so many things. Hard things. Frustrating things. Unfair things. Sad things. I just hope it ends soon.

I have gotten to the point where when people ask me how I am I can't even say I'm fine. I tell them that I'm not doing that well.

But, just so you know, I am aware of how freaking awesomely amazing my life is. Yes, I do know that despite all the day to day stinky stuff, I still have a beautiful and healthy daughter, a husband who loves me and is on track to be able to take care of me the rest of my life, a good job that pays well in the meantime, a wonderful (and true) religion to help guide my life, safety and security in a my community, more than enough food to eat, and loving family close by both on my side and Todd's. So yes, I do understand that in the broad scheme of things I have no room to complain.

But yet, my head still hurts.

2 comments:

stephanie itri said...

hang in there! stress sucks! you know buying a house brings a lot of it, at least is has for us anyway. its ok to feel overwhelmed even though you know there are a lot of good things in your life too. let me know when you guys get flights for christmas (Margie said you're coming). We are going to CA so I am hoping we are here part of the time you are here.

Melissa said...

I have heard that girl friends can help get rid of some of that head hurting kind of stress. I am always available :) Hang in there Meg. Love ya!