title

La Famiglia Itri

Saturday, December 24, 2011

A good Idea Gone Bad

The hardest thing to do with Lila is shower. She can't be alone in a room, even a baby safe room because she freaks out when we leave her alone. I have tried leaving her in her high chair or pack-n-play at the bathroom door so I can poke my head out of the curtain at her, but even then as soon as I get back to my shower she is crying again. So we recently finished(ish) remodeling our bathroom, so the floor and the toilet weren't all gross and peed on. So I had this great idea to let her play on the floor in the bathroom since she loves drawers and had already spent some time happily playing on the floor. So I put some extra toys on the floor, closed the door so she couldn't get away, and hopped in the shower. A few minutes into it this is what I saw:




So I kept putting the shower curtain back over her face, she would get mad, crawl back to the end of the shower to get the edge of the curtain again, and slowly move it out of the way so she could get down closer to where I was. It was a terrible cycle. She was sopping wet by the time I was done showering. But to her, when she was rewarded by cuddling with mommy once I was all wrapped up in my towel, it was all worth it.

1 comment:

Maranda said...

You know I actually started just putting Lucy in the tub with me while I showered because of this same problem. She plays with her bath toys and has a great time! Just an idea.