title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Lila's First Christmas

Part I: I love tylenol!


Lila woke up early. My plan had been to get up at 7, get ready, and wake her up at 8 to feed her and get her ready. Lately there have been a few days I’ve had to wake her up at 9 to eat because she has been sleeping in so late. So when she started stirring just after 7, I thought she would go back to sleep. But she didn’t. She kept crying and crying. So finally about 7:20 we got her up to eat. I fed her on one side, then she was too mad to eat on the other. She was crying with tears streaming down her face. She is teething, she’s got three teethers coming in on the top. So Todd got the tylenol and I sat with her in the recliner in her bedroom and rocked her. It was probably about 15 minutes before she was willing to finish eating. But eventually she did, and slowly got more happier through the morning. I told Todd how happy I am to live in the post-tylenol (post any medicine!) invented days.




Her first present she didn’t get to open because it was too hard for Santa to wrap. A big pink ball! You can see how much she loved it!




Then we all got ready for the day, and she puttered around on her hands and knees as usual. She even found an old toy mommy had tried to hide from her.



She also got into some chocolate. Luckily mommy was there to take the chunk away and carefully navigate a small chip into her mouth. Therefore no cute chocolate faced pictures to show. Now we are on our way to Todd’s brother Scott’s house to open the rest of her presents. She is happily cuddled in 2 of her warmest blankets in the back seat! Tune in later for more about Lila’s first Christmas!

No comments: