title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Lila 's First Christmas

Part II: From Her perspective

The drive to my uncles house was nice. I was all cozy in my blankets and I got some poop out which felt good! When we got there I stayed content in my carseat for a little while as everyone ran around like usual. After a while they took me out, and I stretched out on the floor and just enjoyed the moment. I like being around people and I like going places. Then everyone sat around in a circle. Every single adult had a one of those silver things that sometimes burst with light, it was crazy! Then all this red, green, and silver paper started getting torn apart. I mostly ignored it.





My cousins were pretty excited about all the funny colored paper boxes. I'm not sure why. Mommy and Daddy tried to sit me down and stick one in my lap but that didn't make me very happy. And I started remembering that my mouth hurts for some reason. So I decided I wouldn't be happy without my mommy. She sat down on the floor and let me sit on her lap. Then she let me tear some paper! Normally she steals the paper from me and puts it in a plastic bin. I tore it a little, but then I just wanted mommy so I started whining. She tore the rest of the paper off for me and there was a surprise inside! I wanted to play with it but it was stuck to the box so I whined again. Then mommy took it out and I pushed the buttons and looked in the little mirror. I'm so cute! For the next little while the cycle continued. I don't think my mommy knows what I like because she kept stealing away the things I was playing with and making me mad. As soon as I would find another thing to play with, away it went. You would think she'd learn!









My mommy left me for a while with a pile of stuff that she had just put in front of me. I thought that I might be able to play with some of it for a minute, but then I realized my teeth hurt and I wanted my mom. She came to my call and I snuggled with her, only occasionally looking around to make sure I wasn't missing anything too exciting. I love her. She also tried to feed me some food but I didn't want it. She gave me to daddy for a while. I like him too, but I wanted mommy so I squirmed and cried until daddy gave me back to her. Everyone was in the kitchen doing weird things so we watched for a bit. After I had been with mommy for quite a while I started getting tired. Gramma Itri picked me up and I was too tired to fight it. Finally I couldn't stay awake anymore. Gramma bundled me up in a blanket and laid me down to sleep. Maybe sleeping isn't so bad after all.





No comments: