title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Lila's First Christmas

Part III: Pictureless


We left Scott’s house to do some other things, and forgot to bring the camera. So here is simply an account of Lila’s time.


She had refused to eat any food all morning, and I am trying to wean her from breast milk so even if I tried I wouldn’t have had enough milk to fill her little tummy. At 12:00 we drove home, I changed into a skirt, and Todd dropped me off at the church. He went down and put Lila to bed. Kyle was going to skype at 1:00 so we knew Todd would be late to church. Lila ended up sleeping until 1:30, then Todd got her and brought her downstairs and she basically fell asleep in his arms so they didn’t end up coming. After the call Todd cam to pick me up from my “1 hour meeting”. At 2:25 the meeting finally finished. Our Christmas program went way over and I couldn’t go home early since I was directing the choir. I don’t know why we had so many, many songs. I knew it would go at least 15 minutes over the second I saw the program. Oh well.


We drove down to my parents house. Todd had brought the thermometer since Lila had been acting so weird all day. We checked her temp and it was 102.5. Yeah that is not very good. So we gave her some tylenol and I fed her and we gave her a cool bath. She cried the whole time and of course peed in the bathtub. But she was much happier once we had her all wrapped up in a towel and had finished wiping her nose off. I sat rocking her for a few minutes, and her toes were definitely much cooler. When we checked her temp again it was down to 101.9. Not a huge drop but we’ll keep working on it. We just put on her onesie and pants and left her arms and toes bare. (We did keep her covered with a blanket when she was outside but let her skin breathe in the car.) She was out cold again before we even left the driveway. Poor thing. I think it wasn’t just her teeth after all.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds like Lila did really well for being sick on her first Christmas! Hope she has lots of fun playing with her new toys when she feels better!