title

La Famiglia Itri

Monday, February 24, 2014

Congratulations

I have been a little sad lately because I think that no one ever looks at my blog. So Here is a present for any avid readers out there, which there might not be any.

We are having a baby boy.

Lila is still in denial. She has been saying we would have a baby girl at least since last August. Obviously, we weren't even pregnant then. That was just about the time we started telling Lila that we wanted to have another baby. She had just about the saddest face on during the ultrasound today when we told her it was a boy. Big, long frowny face. She was in total denial.

We went straight to the grocery store after the ultrasound. Lila was saying things like "the baby is a girl" and if we asked her if she would love her baby brother she said no. Finally, on our way out she asked for some Oreo cookies. I told her if she was happy that my baby was a boy, she could have some. Well, that worked. She said she was happy.

She isn't as mad now as she was at first, but she has been pulling off pictures from the fridge of families that she colored in nursery, and trying to prove to me that the baby is a girl by pointing to the pictures and saying "see mommy, the baby is a girl!"I'm sure she'll get used to it eventually. Todd of course is elated and I am pretty dang happy about it too. Although after 21 months of trying, I would have been happy no matter what.


6 comments:

Kalie said...

Yay!! How exciting! And I'm sure Reese, and Ellie and Tess will all tell Lila how great little brothers are (most of the time). We look forward to meeting your little guy!

Melissa said...

YAY!!! You seemed to know the gender way before the ultrasound told you what it was. Must be the awesome mommy instincts you have! I am sooooooo excited for you guys!

Lila will love her little brother, but I don't know if Todd will love all the clothes and hair ribbons she will want to put on him :).

Lisa/Scott said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! YAY!!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!
I'M SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU.
Being the mother of a little boy is so much more precious than you can possibly imagine. Just you wait. (Of course little girls are fantastic too.) Just you wait though, it's a whole new adventure, and it's wonderful!!!!
P.S. Of COURSE I read your blog. Silly.

Darren said...

YAY! We are so happy! Also we laughed while reading the whole thing. Lila is hilarious.
Love you!

Unknown said...

Yay congrats you guys!!!! Zach will have another best friend. So excited for you guys.

Riley and Nicole said...

I'm so glad I am finally catching up on blogs! Congratulations!!! When are you due?