title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, August 10, 2014

I Went to Lagoon

Are you proud of me? At more than 8 months pregnant I made it a whole day at Lagoon with the fam! It was actually a lot of fun. I wish I could have watched all the kids at once so the other adults could all go do fun stuff the whole time, but they knew I couldn't actually handle that. Also, toward the end I wasn't sure if I would live through the day. But I was glad I got to go and enjoy being with people I love and watching all the kiddos having fun. If nothing else it was worth it to see Lila have so much fun the whole day. Another bonus, it wasn't too crowded so most of the rides were no or very little wait. I'm not sure how great it was for all the big kids, but with the little ones it was really nice that the kids could basically pick a ride and climb on. What a great time!







So I had to share with everyone my story about this ride. When I was little I really wanted to ride Puff the Magic Dragon. I also wanted to bring my little folding comb I had gotten from a kids meal (or something like that). My mom told me I would lose it and I couldn't take it on the ride with me. I promised her that I would hold on to it really tight and wouldn't drop it. Well guess what? I lost it. I let it fall right out of my hands while I was having so much fun on the ride. When we got off and I was crying, we looked around for it. My dad saw it on the ground, waited for the coaster to pass by, and leaped over the fence to pick it up for me. After he was back over the fence and my fear that he would die by being hit by the dragon faded, I could appreciate and admire my hero for saving my comb. I even remember clutching the thing in the backseat of our blue Astro van on the way home because it was now an even more prized possession than before.

My dad didn't remember this story, so I wonder if I made it up. He sounded surprised that he would have jumped over the fence. But my memory of it is so clear, it must be true! Okay, back to 2014 and more pictures.




1 comment:

Melissa said...

It looks like Lila went on some big rides! What a brave little girl!