title

La Famiglia Itri

Monday, August 25, 2014

Preschool

Before Lila was even 2 years old we put her in day care once a week while Todd and I were at school. We told her that she was going to school too. Ever since then she has asked to go to school, and has been really excited about it. She even stole a backpack from my moms house over a year ago and has often asked about school when she sees the kids playing at recess across the street.

Well, she is now an official student! She started preschool last week. She loves her teacher and her "new friends." I think it was really good timing as she gets to do something her baby brother doesn't get to do. She is learning about bugs right now and learned about ladybugs on her first day and spiders on her second day. They also learned about the letter a the first week. When I pulled out her worksheet and saw how well she had written her a's I was pleasantly surprised as she has never done so well for me.

She even has homework. She has to draw a picture of something that starts with the letter for that week. There is a whole page of examples they can choose from, or they can pick anything they want. Lila drew everything from the example page. She commented partway through that some things she doesn't know how to draw. I assured her that it is okay if she can't draw everything. I am so proud of my little angel (angel was one example of an a-word and she said "I'm an angel!")

First day of preschool




Working on her homework

Coloring her A-pictures
Showing them off

Lila's got skills


No comments: