title

La Famiglia Itri

Friday, August 01, 2014

My Mother's Day Present

For Mother's Day Todd got me tickets to see the Little Mermaid at Tuachan near St. George. We finally took our trip towards the end of June. My mom was nice enough to hold on to Lila for us so we could enjoy the drive and the evening without too many shenanigans. It was a nice time to get away for a bit.

One of the really cool things we did was eat at this great restaurant. We started our meal with a delicious salad and cheese fondue appetizer. Both very good. I just love dipping stuff in cheese. Then we got our meat served to us raw with a hot rock. Yup. They heat up a slab of rock and you cook your own meat in strips on the hot stuff. It turned out sooo good! We both loved it. 




Check out my belly. This was more than a month ago, mind you
Then we went over to see the show. We got there a bit early so we were able to just hang around for a little while. The evening was hotter than I expected, which was unpleasant especially with big belly. Unfortunately it didn't get any cooler as the evening went on. Fortunately, we got such good seats that they came with seat pads and a bottle of water. That was especially sweet.



As you can see, we were very close to the front. Of course we have no pictures of the actual show because that is illegal, but it was amazing. I loved every minute of it. The actors all did a great job, and I have never seen the stage version before but I liked that too. My only complaint is that the storyline makes it way too easy to defeat Ursula. At least in the movie they have to struggle a bit and it seems hopeless for a while before Prince Eric finally spears her with his ship. In this one Ursula didn't even get a chance to show how scary she is before it was all over.

But again, the effects and music and acting and all that stuff was very fun. I am really glad we got to go!

1 comment:

stephanie itri said...

Sounds like a fun day/night out! You look adorable!