title

La Famiglia Itri

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Lila Turned 3.5

Lila turned three and a half the day before Nick's birth day. We had planned to have a little celebration that evening in honor of our princess, but then things changed and we spent the day at the doctor's and at the hospital getting a non-stress test and scheduling an induction for the next morning. So she didn't get to celebrate her half-special day as much as we wanted.

A few days later my grandparents brought us some cupcakes, so I asked Lila if she wanted a candle and some singing since we didn't get to celebrate her half birthday as much as we wanted (which wasn't much anyway, but we got her all excited about it and then didn't do anything...). She wanted one of the "big numbers" on her cupcake, and the first one I found in the cupboard was a 6. So that's what we used.

I can't believe this little angel is getting so old. Sometimes I am dumbfounded that she has been around for so long, and other times I remember that she is still very small. Either way, I have loved (just about) every moment being her mom, and always look forward to growing with her and seeing how wonderful she becomes.

Here are some things about her:

Started preschool this fall. Loves to jump. Loves dressing up with as many accessories as she can find. Still tells me she loves me often. Loves to watch the LDS Church's Bible Videos (calls them "Jesus movies"). Also loves to read the LDS Churches Children's Scriptures (her favorite are New Testament because they are stories about Jesus. She calls them "Jesus Stories" and likes when I read them or when the app reads them to her). Sleeps downstairs but often has a hard time falling asleep or staying asleep because she is scared. Loves going to nursery, but sometimes talks about getting to come to primary. Still loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates, but now also likes Sofia the First. Whenever I tell her she is the best or the smartest, etc., she either says "well, Kayla is the best too!" or "everyone else is the smartest, too!" Her best friend is Kayla Ho. She also loves all her cousins. She gets very concerned when other kids don't follow the rules. She only sometimes follows the rules herself. Is surprisingly observant. Might have a photographic memory- I swear she remembers everything. Wants a baby sister. Went through a phase where she didn't want to eat anything, but is starting to widen her palate again. Loves to play outside. Is brave enough to swim by herself with her floaties on. Loves all her grandmas. Plays with and even sucks on her hair- she really needs a haircut! Somehow continues to make me feel like the luckiest mommy alive.




Lila and Kayla


1 comment:

Melissa said...

She has gotten so big since I saw you last!!! I miss you guys like crazy!