title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, October 12, 2014

2 Months

I didn't even realize Nick was two months old today until dinnertime. In fact, a few people at church asked me how old he is and I told them "almost two months." Interesting how time can seem to go so slowly, but then you suddenly realize how fast it's flown by. I think my little man looked pretty schnazzy in his tie at church. He was able to keep up his sharp appearance until I was ready to put him in his jammies- then he promptly pooped up his back and all over his outfit. Thanks for waiting until the end of the day, bud.

At two months Nick:

Still eats about every 3 hours. Sleeps well most nights. Is more fussy, but still a good baby. Loves being swaddled. Still takes the binky, but other times gets mad when you try to give it to him. Can fit into some of his newborn clothes, and some 0-3 month clothes are way too big. But most of the time the 0-3 works great. Graduated to size 2 diapers yesterday. Has the most perfect, adorable smile. Starting to coo and giggle when we make faces at him. At least once a day makes mommy's cheeks hurt from mutual smiling at each other. Doesn't like driving. It might be in my head, but I think he recognizes and likes mommy. Likes going outside. Some days sleeps most of the day, and others is awake more than half of it. Still likes baths. Loves his swing.

Lila is getting more used to him. She certainly loves him. Sometimes she gets a little jealous. About a week ago I was playing with him and telling him how much I love him, and Lila asked me if I loved him more than I love her. It was sad. I have to be careful when she is around to say how cute both my kids are and how much I love them both. Then this morning Nick was crying while I was trying to do Lila's hair for church, and I told him he needed to relax because mommy needed to take care of Lila and he would have to wait. Lila said "Mommy, don't be mean to Nicky!" and then told me I should help him calm down before doing her hair. I thought it was interesting because one of the reasons I was doing it was to show her that he isn't always the one who gets the attention. She is such an amazing big sister.











 And of course, his beautiful sister.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Lila looks so grown up in that picture!