title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ask, But Ye Shall Not Receive

Todd's birthday is coming up. I have been thinking about what to do for it for quite a while now. Birthdays are very big to him, he is a big believer in really celebrating holidays (the ones he deems to be important). It is also important to him to celebrate on the actual day. So I have been trying to figure out what to do. We have a history of planning all out jam-packed birthdays for each other with wonderful food and activities. It hasn't been quite as extravagant since Lila came along, but I still wanted to make this year great for Todd's big three-oh.

I ended up doing a gift instead of a whole day of activities. I have been really excited for it. Last week I finally burst and started telling everyone I know because it is just so exciting! With this extra excitement I also have a little worry that Todd won't think it is as great as I think it is but... I try not to think about that.

So I wanted to wrap it in a fun way to tempt Todd and pique his interest. My friend Christina helped me out last night. Here it is:




In case you are now interested as well, here are some of the things Todd has asked me about it:

Q: Will it stay on the wall after I open it?
A: No comment.

Q: Is it a dead body?
A. No!

Q: Was it very expensive?
A: No comment.

Q: Have you ever mentioned it to me before?
A: Nope! I have been very good about this secret.

Q: Do I know anything about it?
A: I got the idea from something you said a while ago.

Q: How long ago?
A: No comment.

Q: Who helped you with it?
A: No comment.

I think of it now as my caterpillar just waiting for its grand entrance into the world as a beautiful butterfly on Todd's birthday. Can you guess what it is? (And fyi, Todd does read this so if you know you better not give me away!)

1 comment:

stephanie itri said...

So fun! Can't wait to see it and hear his reaction