title

La Famiglia Itri

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thirty

Poor Todd. Hit his first big age of oldness. It's ok, as we get older we will realize that 30 is actually not that old. And I think it was a birthday to remember! Besides the fact that we spent the first 6 1/2 hours of the day at school, it was great. When we got home we opened presents with Lila. Todd got the new ipad air and a case to go with it. It was funny because I had picked out a case and ordered it for him, thinking all was well. Two days later, he told me he had found the case he wanted, and that I should get it for him. Well guess what? It was the same one! It wouldn't have arrived in time when he asked me to get it so he was pretty surprised when he opened it on his birthday.

And of course, he opened his big surprise gift from me. I took the video, and a few moments into it realized it would be much better to have the ipad landscape. So, unfortunately, most of it is sideways. I'm not smart enough to fix it so here you go.



I had gotten together several pictures and trinkets from his mission and got a shadow box made. Thanks to my sister-in-law Stephanie, I was able to get his mission tag in there. It wouldn't have been complete without it! I put it up with some other pictures and items from his mission. As Todd spent a few minutes taking everything in, he even got a little teary eyed. He was already making plans for putting some other things on the wall with it to make the whole display complete. It has been fun the past few days to watch him stop to look at everything again. I think one of his favorite things is that I set his watch to Italy time. Sometimes he looks at what time it is and says something silly like we should be in bed because it's 2 am! The whole thing turned out great.

After presents we drove up to my grandparent's house and dropped Lila off so we could go out to eat in peace. We went to our favorite place: the India Palace. Soooo good. We always love it.



Yes I know I look awkward in this picture. Oh well.

Then we picked up Lila and headed up to Anna and Will's to drop her off yet again. I know, we pretty much spent the whole day without her. But at least we spent some quality time in between places. Anyway, Todd didn't know what we were going to do. I told him on the way to the Heath's that the thing we were doing was at the Gateway, which didn't give him much. We parked and walked to the mall, and found the store. We walked in, and a nice lady asked us if we were there for the class. And the answer was yes we were! The place is called Rocky Mountain Olive Oil Co. We had a nice class full of learning about olive oil, its history, chemistry, fraud in the industry, and just basics of how it's made, etc. Todd loved it!!! I was so glad, I had been worried that he would have been upset to go to a class after a day of school. But it turned out great. At the end of the class we got to taste a bunch of olive oils and balsamic vinegars. If anyone knows me, it is not really my kind of thing to do, but I did it for the sake of the birthday boy. But he did try more than I did. We each got to pick our favorite olive oil to bring a bottle home. I picked a nice mild fruity flavor kind, and Todd picked a more intense grass flavored kind (not added flavor, just the natural flavors that come through from using different olives). It was a great night! When we got home we put Lila to bed and watched some TV together.




Happy birthday Todd!

2 comments:

stephanie itri said...

It looks awesome!! What a fun time you guys had, sounds perfect for Todd! I saw the shoes in the bin and thought "who saves those?" Ha ha. Great job Megan!

Melissa said...

What a cool idea!!! Wife of the year award goes to Megan! Very nice. Ryan turns 30 next year, and I am trying to think of something really cool to do, I may be stealing this idea...