title

La Famiglia Itri

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Lila Says


People still occasionally ask me if Lila can speak in full sentences. So for a little while I thought I would document a few of the things she says. I wish this print could convey the adorable inflections of her voice as she speaks. However, you will just have to use your imagination. And for your pleasure, I have included a video at the end demonstrating her conversation skills.

Lila: "You need get me to the temple-- I get married!"
Me: You should go tell daddy that, he will be so happy!"
Lila: "Daddy, I getting married!"
Todd raises his eyebrows.
Me: "Tell him where"
Lila: "In the temple!"
Todd: "Oh, good!"

Lila: "Shhh! Don't wake up daddy, momma. We need a stay shhhh."

Lila: "s-eight momma! Check it out!"

Todd: "Lila, should I put Grandma in time out?"
Lila: "No! She don't wanna be naughty, daddy!"

Me: "Lila, how should we do your hair today?"
Lila: "Mom, Dad. I want some curlies!"

At church Lila laid down with her head on my lap, so I started scratching her back.
Lila: "Why you scratching my dress mommy, because you love me?"
Me: nods
Lila: "I love you too mommy."

While changing into jammies:
Lila: "I am naked!" starts marching in place with a grunt. "I'm a giant!" After her shirt and pull up are on, "I'm not a giant anymore."

Lila: "I wanna eat some food. How bout cheesa pasta. We don't have any cheesa pasta in the fridge. Please make some?"

Here is the video. This conversation had already been going on for about 10 minutes, but you don't really miss anything by missing the beginning. It was a very cyclical conversation. We had driven to Todd's work to pick up his pay stubs. Whenever we talk about why daddy is at work I tell her it is to get money for us. So she was pretty excited to finally see the fruit of his labors.


A few minutes later, she showed me where she had put our money.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

That temple conversation kills me! I can totally imagine Todd's face! Ha Ha Ha!!! So funny.

stephanie itri said...

she is JUST so cute!!!! no doubt about her verbal skills, what a smart cookie!