title

La Famiglia Itri

Friday, January 31, 2014

Bowling

A few weeks ago there was a Monday holiday- my favorite kind! My dad always has work off and takes us bowling. Although I am not a star bowler, I love it enough I have my own bowling shoes. It is just a good time. Granted, I was much better in the past than I am now. This particular games I was a little distracted and didn't try that hard. Although I only scored a 90, we were doing hourly bowling and had three lanes, so I was bowling on two different lanes, one of which was my only official game. Also, we didn't realize Todd's last strike was on the 10th frame, so I bowled for him on accident. All in all I bowled four strikes that day, including Todd's 10th frame, so not a bad day.

It was also fun because it was the first time that Lila was entertained the whole time. It was also the first time she really got the concept of watching the ball hit the pins. She used to just like to push the ball down the ramp, then turn around and run back for another ball. But this time, by the end, she was throwing tantrums when she didn't do well and getting excited when she knocked all the pins down. Some of her reactions were just priceless.

Also, as always, it was fun to hang out with my daddy and Darren, Danica and Declan. However, we did miss a few others that couldn't make it.


Go Daddy!


Danica


Don't worry, it's my dad's 6 pound ball


Todd's pristine bowling swing

After a spare. My favorite was after a strike when her jaw just dropped and she stared totally still. When she finally turned around she still had her mouth wide open. Wish I had the camera for that one.



Notice Todd's awesome score. He got a free shirt out of it! But also remember I got that last strike for him. You're welcome!

The Darnica's (pronounced Dare-nih-kuh)


No comments: