title

La Famiglia Itri

Thursday, January 09, 2014

Sorry, Shelly

I did my sister a disservice this week. But before I get to that, I want to explain something about myself. I. Love. Chick-fil-a. Literally ever since I can remember it was my favorite place to go out to eat with my family. I remember sitting in the little restaurant in the mall (this was before they all seem to have moved to counters in food courts). I was always so excited to eat my chicken nuggets. I am pretty sure I feel almost exactly the same now. One of my good friends and I visit Chick-fil-a for lunch regularly. It has become a tradition for Todd to get me a party platter size of those nuggets for lunch on my birthday.  This tradition started because every year I would tell Todd that I wanted Chick-fil-a for dinner, but he felt that wasn't nice enough for the occasion. So we have compromised on the monstrous chicken platter for lunch, which I quite enjoy.

One of my dreams is to own a Chick-fil-a. I like both the food and what they stand for. I like that they are closed on Sundays. I don't even remember why, but there was some sort of negative press for them because of their conservative values. Todd and I sat in line at the drive thru for about an hour on a support Chick-fil-a day during our cross country drive home. It was worth it!

And I'm sure none of you care about that. But now you know a little something about me. So the whole reason behind that rant is that a new, freestanding Chick-fil-a just opened in Provo. Every time a new restaurant opens, they give away free food for a year to 100 people. I wanted to go camp out, knowing that it would totally be worth it. I had mentioned it to Shelly, and she said she was already planning on being there. I looked up the rules and found out that you have to arrive between 5:30 and 6:00 the morning before. They either give the prizes away to the 100 people who come or have a drawing if more than that show up. Then, if you win you have to stay on the premises for 24 hours to redeem your prize.

I wanted to go but the opening was on a Thursday, so I would have to be there all day Wednesday and Lila couldn't stay with me, nor would I want her to in the cold. Shelly couldn't babysit because she would be there, Todd had work, and my mom was out of town. So I reluctantly concluded I couldn't make it. When I texted Shelly on Wednesday she said that she went but they had already handed out the prizes. When she found out I knew that you had to get there by 6 she was so sad. I am glad she found out over text so she wouldn't be tempted to hit me. Sorry Shelly. A year of free Chick-fil-a would be totally amazing. Sorry I ruined it for you.



No comments: