title

La Famiglia Itri

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Another Blow to My Nursing Pride

Not really. But it sort of feels like it. I need to recertify my ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) this month. If I let it lapse, I will have to do a 2 day course in the future instead of the one day refresher course. I had really hoped that I would have found a job by now. Don't get me wrong, I understand it is pretty impossible to find a job when you aren't looking. But something I heard has made me afraid to look for jobs within Intermountain. Something that makes me think my old manager would discourage others from hiring me. Which is totally unfounded by the way. And I don't know if I want to find a job outside of Intermountain. There would be so much more to learn- a new computer system, new protocols, new training styles, all new people. So I have sort of just sat on the whole thing.

And now it is going to cost me $125 to learn what medications to give during CPR, even though I will never be able to use them. (Probably). It has been almost a year since I worked a shift, and I am worried that it won't be long until all of my skills have been forgotten. I wonder if it will be another 30 years until I work again. I guess we'll see. By then I will be so old and unexperienced no one could possibly want me! haha. Good thing I have my kids to love and keep me company. Hopefully over time I will forget all that other junk.


No comments: