title

La Famiglia Itri

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Dear Aubrey

Today was a very special day. One of my very good friends Aubrey Rees tied the knot with a great guy.

The day I met Aubrey was my first day orienting on my unit at my new job. It happened to be my first job as a nurse. The charge nurse asked Aubrey to orient me and she made it clear that she didn't really want to do it. She was only a few months into her own nursing career and so was still learning herself, but of course I took the lack of enthusiasm personally. Luckily, it didn't last too long.

We both worked nights at first and became good friends. Then later we both worked days and it was awesome! She is such a great nurse and I came to be very excited to see her name on the board when I came to work.

We share a love for Chick-fil-A and now often eat lunch there together to stay in touch since I'm not working anymore, and even if I was she has moved on to work on an ICU floor instead (because she is so talented).

Anyway, I was so excited to share this special day with her. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a pretty awful day for me with waking up super early, forgetting my temple recommend, not being able to bring Todd to the luncheon as I had planned, and getting lost on the way to the reception. Among other things like feeling unattractive in my clothes that don't fit well but people are still saying "What!? I couldn't even tell that you were pregnant!"

But just thinking about how happy I was made me tear up several times. She was a beautiful bride (don't have proof yet because one of the stinky things I did was forget my camera and my phone is no good for pictures). I felt so lucky to be in the sealing ceremony with her, and just felt so happy to see her sealed to her sweetheart forever (thanks to my bishop for answering his phone so I could get in).

It was almost like there was some unseen force trying to distract me from the wonderful day that it was with all the stinky things happening. But I was undeterred! I just can't be any happier for a wonderful gal who deserves to be treated like a princess for the rest of forever. I hope she is able to find all the joy in the world and more through her new "relationship status."

I love you Aubrey, congratulations!

(Picture stolen from someone elses Facebook post)

No comments: